We provide 24 hour emergency shelter, meals and support for women, with and without children, experiencing abuse of any kind (physical, emotional, sexual, financial, stalking, etc.), 365 days a year.
Our Free Confidential Services Include:
- Private bedrooms for single women and women with children
- Food, clothing and basic personal necessities
- Confidential 24 hour crisis and supportive assistance by phone, text or in person at the shelter
- Free emergency transportation to the shelter
- Help finding community resources and supports
- Legal/court support and information about your rights
- Assistance with Special Priority for rent geared to income housing
- Language interpretation (arranged with notice)
- Wheelchair accessibility
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to move to Crossroads to get help?
- You can get help from us in many ways:
Call or text our 24 Hour Crisis and Support Line (Call | 1-800-461-7656 Text | 705-991-0110) anytime, day or night for support and information.
- You can come to the shelter to see what it’s like before you make a decision to move in.
- You can also call to make an appointment or receive a referral to other services.
What does it cost?
There is no charge. Meals and personal necessities are provided during your stay.
How long can I stay?
Each length of stay is based on an individual woman’s unique circumstances. On average, women stay for about 6 weeks.
Can I bring my children?
Yes! Children are welcome.
Can I bring my pets?
We understand that the safety of your pets is a priority. Our staff will help you to make temporary arrangements for your pets. Please contact us for more information.
What if I’m not in a crisis but I feel my relationship is not positive at all?
Call us, any time, day or night. We’re here to help.
More Information about Crossroads Shelter
Please contact our Shelter Manager at 705-743-4135 x103