We provide 24 hour emergency shelter, meals and support for women and children fleeing abuse of any kind (physical, emotional, sexual or financial), 365 days a year.
Crossroads is a a warm and welcoming 25 bed safe haven in the heart of Peterborough, purpose-built for women and children fleeing abuse.
Our Free Confidential Services Include:
- Private bedrooms for single women and women with children
- Food, clothing and basic personal necessities
- Confidential 24 hour crisis and supportive assistance by telephone or in person at the shelter
- Free emergency transportation to the shelter
- Help finding community resources and supports
- Legal and court support and information about your rights
- Assistance with Special Priority for rent geared to income housing
- Language interpretation (arranged with notice)
- 3 months post-shelter support and ongoing counselling
- Wheelchair accessibility
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to move to Crossroads to get help?
- You can get help from us in many ways:
Call or text our 24 Hour Crisis and Support Line (Call | 1-800-461-7656 Text | 705-991-0110) anytime, day or night for support and information.
- You can come to the shelter to see what it’s like before you make a decision to move in.
- You can also call to make an appointment or receive a referral to other services.
What does it cost?
There is no charge. Meals and personal necessities are provided during your stay.
How long can I stay?
Each length of stay is based on an individual woman’s unique circumstances. On average, women stay for about 6 weeks.
Can I bring my children?
Yes! Children are welcome.
Can I bring my pets?
We understand that the safety of your pets is a priority. Our staff will help you to make temporary arrangements for your pets. Please contact us for more information.
What if I’m not in a crisis but I feel my relationship is not positive at all?
Call us, any time, day or night. We’re here to listen.
Lauren stayed at Crossroads Shelter as a child. Watch her moving video to better understand the difference Crossroads Shelter has made in her life – and the lives of thousands of local women and children.