COVID-19 Update: YWCA Peterborough Haliburton support and crisis services for women who experience violence are still available. Crossroads Shelter, HERS – Haliburton Emergency Rural SafeSpace and our 24 Hour Support & Crisis Line remain open.
While our offices are closed to the public, our support teams are working remotely and will continue to provide assistance by phone, text and email during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm). View our full update here.
We’re here to listen, to help a woman see her own strength and to provide resources that will help her find safer ways of moving forward in her life.
We offer free, confidential support to women who are fleeing abuse or are concerned about the health of their relationship:
- support by phone or in person with flexible meeting arrangements at safe locations throughout Haliburton County
- safety assessment and risk management
- accompaniment Court Support for Criminal and Family Court matters
- accompaniment to appointments and case conferences
- housing information (rent-geared-to-income/social housing, market rent and referrals to Homelessness Coordination Response team – HCRT)
- transportation to appointments
- emergency transportation to safety
- support and information about navigating systems such as: Ontario Works and Ontario Disability, Family Court and Criminal Court, and Children’s Aid Society
- information to help women understand the effects of violence and trauma on themselves and their children
Family Court Support
We provide free, confidential court support to women who are making their way through Family Court and are living in, are leaving, or have left an abusive situation:
- safety planning to help keep you and your children safe
- an overview of the family court process
- assistance with applying for Legal Aid
- help finding a lawyer
- support with completing family court documents, including affidavits
- help preparing for lawyer appointments and court proceedings
- accompaniment to court
- information and referrals to other services
- we provide Family Law support related to: Custody and Access, Child and Spousal Support, Separation and Divorce, Child Welfare (CAS), Restraining Orders
Court Notice Finder
Court Notice Finder is a new online resource for clients and workers, coordinated by volunteers.
Search all Ontario Family Law Court Notices by selecting the court, attendance and topic, at: https://courtnoticefinder.ca/