Originally developed by WoodGreen Community Services in Toronto, Homeward Bound is a wrap-around program that assists women-led families who are living in unstable conditions to make a successful transition to sustainable employment, permanent housing and independent living for themselves and their children.
Led by housing partners Peterborough Housing Corporation and YWCA Peterborough Haliburton, our local Homeward Bound is a 4 year program which provides the following supports for all its participants:
- 16 week college preparation in Math, English, Computers, Life Skills, Financial Literacy
- Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing for 4 years
- Free onsite daycare, if available with subsidy
- After-school programming for school-aged children
- 2 year college tuition
- 14 weeks unpaid internship with Industry Partner
- Access to sustainable, living wage employment opportunities through Industry Partners
A set of community partnerships brings together funding, resources and access to services for Homeward Bound participants.