YWCA Peterborough Haliburton has been a leader in our communities since 1891. Our commitment to women is strengthened by partnerships locally, provincially, nationally and globally. As a member of the YWCA of Canada, we are connected to a global movement of women who seek to address the complex factors that interrupt the right of women to safety in their homes and in their communities, economic self-sufficiency and a living wage, and access to affordable housing, nutritious food and childcare.
Your 2020-2021 Membership supports our collective pursuit of gender-based equity and empowerment, through programs that focus on eliminating violence, creating healthy communities, empowering girls and strengthening women as leaders.
Membership Requirements include:
Members of YWCA Peterborough Haliburton are women over the age of 16 who live in the counties of Peterborough or Haliburton, and who agree with, commit to uphold, and support our feminist values-based service delivery intentions to:
- Strengthen the resiliency of women and children
- Improve the safety of women with and without children
- Provide deliberate support and resources for children and their mothers to prevent future harm
- Partner with women as the experts in their lives, and expand community capacity to respond Focus on relationships as agents of change
- Take action to mitigate the impact of entrenched systems of oppressions, racism and discrimination
- Identify and remove barriers to participation in our services
- Increase our collective capacity to respond effectively to gender-based violence, and trauma
- Apply the principles of harm reduction to service design and delivery
- Base decisions on evidence, wise practices, and data collection
Membership benefits include:
- Receiving news and updates about programs, events and opportunities to get involved
- Voting at our annual general meeting
- Staying connected to issues that affect women, and taking action to affect change
How to Become a Member:
- Complete the 2020-2021 Membership Application Form
- Choose your membership fee amount – the fee should not be a barrier
- Indicate your preferred payment method
- Send the completed form and return by email to email@example.com, or by mail to YWCA Peterborough Haliburton, 216 Simcoe Street, Peterborough, ON K9H 2H7
Please note: All membership applications are approved by the Board of Directors.