Originally developed by WoodGreen Community Services in Toronto, Homeward Bound Peterborough is an innovative wrap-around service helping inadequately-housed or homeless mother-led families earn college diplomas, start careers and achieve economic self-sufficiency.
Homeward Bound Peterborough is a partnership between Peterborough Housing Corporation and YWCA Peterborough Haliburton, funded in part by the Department for Women and Gender Equality.
Our 4 year program provides:
- 16 week college preparation in Math, English, Computers, Life Skills, Financial Literacy
- Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing for 4 years
- Free on-site childcare and support for school-aged children
- 2 year college tuition
- 14 weeks unpaid professional internship, provided by the Industry Council
- Access to sustainable, living wage employment opportunities through Industry Partners
- Transition support
A set of community partnerships brings together funding, resources and access to services for Homeward Bound participants.