Our primary focus is on safety: immediate protection from violence and abuse.
If the threat of danger is immediate
Call 911 -Try to give the police your name, address and phone number. Provide as much additional information as circumstances allow.
Let them know if:
- your life is in danger.
- you are injured and will need an ambulance.
- there are weapons being used and if so, what type.
- there are drugs and/or alcohol involved.
- there are children (or others) present in the home.
- there is a history of violence.
- there is a protection order, peace bond or restraining order in effect.
If you are concerned about the health of your relationship, but the threat is not immediate
YWCA 24 Hour Support & Crisis Line:
Let us know if:
- you have questions or would like to talk to someone about your options.
- you feel that you and your children are ready to leave and wish to go to a safe place.
- you’d like to find out more so you can refer a friend or family member.
If you need emergency shelter/safespace
Crossroads Shelter: 705-743-4135
HERS – Haliburton Emergency Rural SafeSpace: 705-286-6442
If you need information, resources and support
YWCA Administrative Office, 216 Simcoe Street: 705-743-3526
- Walk-In (available every Monday, 9:30 am – 3:00 pm): START Program
- Appointments and flexible meeting arrangements: Transition & Court Support
YWCA Women’s Centre, 11 Bobcaygeon Road: 705-286-6442
- Walk-In (available Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm) / Appointments and flexible meeting arrangements: Transition Support, Clinical Therapy and Family Law Information & Support