Every year, friends in the community come together to help raise money and collect supplies for the YWCA by hosting a wide range of fundraising events. The proceeds from such events make it possible for our YWCA to continue offering the life-changing services that make it possible for women and children to escape violence and thrive.
Download a Third Party Event Form
We’re here to help
- We’d love to help promote your event. Please get in touch as soon as you have event details.
- The YWCA will, as often as possible, have representation available to attend a portion of the event.
- The YWCA will include the event on our website, social media and will update staff and volunteers.
- Generally speaking, the revenue raised (or a portion of it) minus the expenses is designated to the YWCA.
- The YWCA name and logo is only used in advertising to state that the YWCA is the designated recipient of the event proceeds (copies of our logo can be provided upon request). For a copy of our logo, please contact our Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The YWCA is not able to issue tax receipts other than for donations made payable directly to YWCA Peterborough Haliburton.
Almost any activity can be made into an “a-thon”. Ask participants to raise pledges and sign up for any number of a-thon appropriate activities. (e.g., walk, skip, read, bike, dance, knit, swim, bowl, skate, etc.)
Host a silent or live auction at your next event, meeting or in your office and have people bid on items in support of YWCA Peterborough Haliburton. (e.g., donated goods, vacations, art, furniture, handmade goods, quilts, services, catered meals, etc.)
Organize a ticketed event where proceeds are directed to YWCA Peterborough Haliburton. (e.g., black tie dinner, concert, garden tour, art show, performance of a play, BBQ beach party, boat cruise, theme party, dress rehearsal performance, food fair, gala premiere, dance, celebrity luncheon, talent show, etc.)
Before you organize any event, it’s a great idea to approach your employer to see if they have a matching gift program. A matching gift is a charitable gift made toward a non-profit organization by a matching donor (e.g., an employer), under the provision that an original donor (e.g., an employee) first makes a gift toward that organization. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. What a great way to double your fundraising efforts!
Birthdays & Parties:
Is your office or group hosting a party? Are you celebrating a milestone birthday? Consider making YWCA Peterborough Haliburton your charitable partner and asking employees or friends to make a donation in lieu of a gift.
Sporting Events and Tournaments:
Host a sports game or tournament with an entrance fee, or have participants raise money to participate. Split the pot or donate it all to YWCA Peterborough Haliburton! (e.g., baseball game, football game, golf tournament, tennis tournament, fishing derby, poker tournament, ping pong/pool/billiards/darts tournament, soccer tournament, etc.)
- Arts and Crafts sale/show
- Automatic paycheck contributions
- Bake Sale
- Car Wash/Pet Wash
- “Dress Down” Day
- Fashion Show
- Garage Sale
- Head Shaving
- Lemonade Stand
- Loonie/Twoonie Drive
- Raise a set $ amount to make your boss/principal do something (e.g., dress up, make lunch for the team, etc.)
Tips for Success
- Start as early as possible – getting the word out in advance is key to the success of most events
- Incentive – consider offering an incentive to get more involved. (e.g., a door prize or draw)
- Social Media – use social media to spread the word, and build hype about your event
Many thanks to all those who offer their time and skills in support of women and children in our community!