The START program offers women a place to turn when they don’t know what steps to take next.
START’s hub design allows women to quickly gather reliable information from as many as 12 local agencies at one central location (YWCA at 216 Simcoe Street) every Monday, in order to make better-informed decisions based on their personal situations.
START also helps ease the chaos women and children experience in the aftermath of a separation by connecting mothers with income supports, housing information and counselling services right away.
All services are free and walk-ins are always welcome.
Our Free Confidential Services Include:
- Safety Planning
- Court Support
- Nursing assessment
- Admission to Crossroads Shelter or HERS
- Information about making a police report
- Children’s Aid support/advice
- Applying for social assistance
- And much more.
Women have access to any and all services, based on their individual needs.
- City of Peterborough, Social Services
- Community Counselling & Resource Centre
- Elizabeth Fry Society of Peterborough
- Legal Aid Ontario
- Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society
- Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre
- Ontario Provincial Police
- Ontario Works
- Peterborough Community Police – Victim Services Unit
- Victim Witness Assistance Program
- Peterborough Northumberland Victim Services
- Women’s Health Care Centre – Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Program
- YWCA – Crisis and Support Counselling / Transition Support
- YWCA – Crossroads Shelter
- YWCA – Family Court Support