Whether you’re looking for help to safely leave an abusive situation, or simply have questions about your relationship, START can help.
When you visit our office, you’ll be connected with skilled, compassionate service providers from a number of partnering agencies throughout Peterborough (see below).
START means no more searching for the right services. No more travelling to various agencies and telling your story again and again. With START, everything you need is available at the YWCA on Mondays. Drop-ins are welcome.
Our Free Confidential Services Include:
- Safety Planning
- Nursing assessment
- Medical information
- Family Court Support
- Admission to Crossroads Shelter or HERS
- Information about making a police report
- Children’s Aid support/advice
- Applying for social assistance
- And much more.
- City of Peterborough, Social Services
- Community Counselling & Resource Centre
- Elizabeth Fry Society of Peterborough
- Legal Aid Ontario
- Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society
- Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre
- Ontario Provincial Police
- Ontario Works
- Peterborough Community Police – Victim Services Unit
- Victim Witness Assistance Program
- Peterborough Northumberland Victim Services
- Women’s Health Care Centre – Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Program
- YWCA – Crisis and Support Counselling / Transition Support
- YWCA – Crossroads Shelter
- YWCA – Family Court Support