We provide emergency shelter services for women and their children who are leaving an abusive situation.
24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-461-7656
If you call the Crisis Line, this number will not appear on your telephone bill or on your call display. We will not know where you are calling from unless you tell us.
*If you are outside of the 1-800 number calling area, please call us collect by dialing 0-705-743-4135.
705-743-4135 – Call if:
- You want to talk to a counsellor anytime of the day or night
- You have questions or would like to talk to someone about your options, even if you aren’t planning to stay at Crossroads Shelter
- You want immediate support and assistance to deal with a dangerous situation
- You feel that you and your children are ready to leave and wish to go to a safe place
Crossroads Shelter counsellors are available 24 hours a day.
Crossroads Shelter Services Include:
- Secure Emergency Shelter for women and children fleeing abuse of any kind (whether physical, emotional, sexual or financial) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Confidential 24 hour crisis and supportive assistance by telephone or in person at the shelter
- Free emergency transportation to the shelter
- Food, clothing and basic personal necessities
- Help finding community resources and supports
- Legal and court support and information about your rights
- Assistance with Special Priority for rent geared to income housing
- Language interpretation can be arranged with notice
- Crossroads Shelter is wheelchair accessible
Crossroads Shelter Wellbeing Programs:
Provides mentoring and teaching about healthy food preparation on a budget, cooking for specific health conditions, and ensures the preparation of healthy food for shelter residents.
Includes group discussions, workshops and activities on topics of interest to women. Each woman is offered the opportunity to create her own Personal Wellbeing Plan.
Offers recreational and expressive art activities for families.
Making a Donation
For more information about making a financial donation to the YWCA or Crossroads Shelter, please visit our Donations Page. If you’re interested in making a donation of goods to the Shelter (new items only), please see our Wish List.