We provide emergency shelter services for women and their children who are leaving an abusive situation.
24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-461-7656
If you call the Crisis Line, this number will not appear on your telephone bill or on your call display. We will not know where you are calling from unless you tell us.
*If you are outside of the 1-800 number calling area, please call us collect by dialing 0-705-743-4135.
Crossroads Shelter: 705-743-4135 (Peterborough)
Haliburton Emergency Rural SafeSpace (HERS): 705-286-6442 (Haliburton County)
- You want to talk to a counsellor anytime of the day or night
- You have questions or would like to talk to someone about your options, even if you aren’t planning to stay at Crossroads Shelter or HERS
- You want immediate support and assistance to deal with a dangerous situation
- You feel that you and your children are ready to leave and wish to go to a safe place
Crossroads Shelter counsellors are available 24 hours a day.
- Secure Emergency Shelter for women and children fleeing abuse of any kind (whether physical, emotional, sexual or financial) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Confidential 24 hour crisis and supportive assistance by telephone or in person at the shelter
- Free emergency transportation to the shelter
- Food, clothing and basic personal necessities
- Help finding community resources and supports
- Legal and court support and information about your rights
- Assistance with Special Priority for rent geared to income housing
- Language interpretation can be arranged with notice
- Crossroads Shelter is wheelchair accessible
Making a Donation
For more information about making a financial donation to the YWCA or Crossroads Shelter or HERS, please visit our Donations Page. If you’re interested in making a donation of goods to one of our shelters (new items only please), see our Wish List.